Women’s Aid Leicestershire Limited was established in 1974 when we opened the first refuge in Leicester to support women and children fleeing domestic abuse. Since then we have continued to provide vital assistance to all victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence. Our work continues to be as important now as it was when we first began.
Women’s Aid Leicestershire Limited
- gives priority to women’s and children’s safety and recognises that anybody can be a victim of domestic abuse or sexual violence
- is committed to a teamwork environment where service users, staff, volunteers, members and Directors of the Board are treated with respect and encouraged to contribute towards shaping services
- strives to create a workplace where opportunity, openness, enthusiasm, diversity, accountability and a sense of purpose combine to provide a rewarding professional experience
- is committed to the highest level of integrity which is demonstrated by honesty and fairness in every action we take
- will communicate openly, honestly and accurately with stakeholders
Women’s Aid Leicestershire LTD is excited to announce that they have formed a consortium with Living Without Abuse and FreeVA to deliver services across Leicester City, Leicestershire and Rutland. The new consortium is called United Against Violence and Abuse (UAVA) and services commenced on the 1st December 2015. Further details regarding the services will be available on this site soon and at www.uava.org.uk. From the 1st December anyone seeking help will be able to access service on the new helpline 0808 802 0028.